Tuesday, August 5, 2014

It's like Deja Vu!

My Reefy Boy started Kindergarten yesterday. It seems so crazy to me that he is already old enough to be in elementary school. He was so excited to start school, you could just see it on his face. I was a little nervous because I didn't know how he would do. It is all day kinder and he isn't used to getting up so early and he just has some trouble focusing... he is my son, so that part makes complete sense to me.

When I went to pick him up I asked him how his day was.. He told he had so much fun and his teacher was soo nice. He told me he gets to be line leader (the perks of having the last name Aiono!) And that some kids had to sit in the "thinking" chair, but not him! That some kids got a yellow and 1 kid got a red, BUT he was soo good! I was thinking, "Awesome! He may actually be really good at this school thing!" 
I dropped him off again this morning, told him to be a good boy just like yesterday and watched him run off to play with some friends before school started. As I drove off I was thinking, "I am soo proud of him! He is going to be fine!" I think I even said that last part aloud to my mother in law. When I picked him up today, I asked how his day was and he told me good. I asked him if he ate lunch and he informed me that he wasn't hungry during lunchtime, but got hungry after lunch and when he told his teacher he needed to eat, she told him no and made him sit down. I guess we need to go over lunchtime and the appropriate time to eat at school... So, onto the good part.. I pulled out his folder and found this...

uumm... wait... that can't be right.. my son can't have a yellow on the first day of school.. He just told me yesterday that he was soo good and loved school and only some kids got yellows and one kid got red and it wasn't him so this must be someone else's calendar... NOPE! It was my son's.. He got a yellow. On his first day of school. In Kindergarten... just like he did on his first day of preschool... at least there is some improvement, he didn't get a yellow for punching anyone yesterday. ;) Oh the joys of being a Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it just takes a while to adjust, and hey, he got green on day two! way to go Reef!!!

    ReplyDelete