Monday, September 23, 2013

"I'm sorry we don't accept Costco cards here.."


Today, my sister and I ran some errands with all 7 of our kids. We were smart this time (or so we thought), we each took turns going into the store instead of bringing all the kids in with us. I should mention, we both hadn't eaten breakfast and were starving which never helps the matter. I went first and then Erika. I'm not sure how her experience was in the car with all the kids, but mine was pretty close to insanity. Almost all the kids got out of their seats and came up to be right by me. The younger kids who were in 5 point harness car seats, that weren't able to get out on their own, were hysterically crying, while the big kids were asking me questions all at the same time. I think I said, "Oh better hurry and buckle up, Auntie/ mom is coming." at least 5 times in hopes of tricking them back into their seats. When Erika came back we decided it would be easier to just grab some Wendy's instead of coming home and making lunch for everyone...
That is where this little ecard comes in...
With that being said, I feel I am completely justified in sharing the next part of my story...
 When Erika pulled up the the menu to order, we had kids yelling what they wanted, screaming because they were starving just like us, and Hawk making bird noises because that is just what he does. To make matters even worse.. for some strange reason, we had High School Musical soundtrack playing in the background. When we finally manage to tell the guy what we want and start to pull up to the window, I grab my card out of my wallet and hand it to Erika to give to the young man. We both notice it is taking quite a while to get my card back and then the sweet young man at the window politely says, "Umm.. we don't accept costco cards here..." and hands back my card.. I tried to pay with my costco card... yep, you read that right.. a COSTCO card... I was so embarrassed, but couldn't help laughing out loud. I decided I needed a picture to document my "air head" moment. 

2 comments:

  1. You're awesome!!! And it happens to the best of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! I'm so glad you got a picture! And that is funny the guy was willing to take a picture also! :)

    ReplyDelete